BLINCYTO® (blinatumomab) Information for Patients
- BLINCYTO is given as an intravenous injection through a vein (IV) as a continuous infusion over 28 days.
- Hospitalization is recommended for the first 9 days of the first cycle and the first 2 days of the second cycle
- For all subsequent cycle starts and reinitiation (i.e. if treatment is interrupted for ≥4 hr), supervision by a healthcare professional or hospitalization is recommended
Helpful tips on handling your infusion pump:
• Do check pump daily (more often if pump is programmed for less than 48 hours)
• Do not submerge pump in water - when bathing, hang pump outside of shower
• Do not get dressing or pump wet
• Do not drop the pump or strike against hard surfaces
• If your pump happens to alarm, be sure to call the hotline (800) 315-3287 for assistance
These short videos review basic clinical information such as pump safety and alarms, our 24/7 patient support hotline and frequently asked questions about handling your infusion pump. https://www.infusystem.com/patients/oncology/education
We are here for you 24/7. For questions about your infusion pump call our 24/7 Patient Hotline1-800-315-3287
BLINCYTO® is a registered trademark of Amgen Inc.